Saturday, February 14, 2009

UW-Ohio State brief thoughts

Full disclosure: I missed the first three-quarters of this because Jana and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire tonight. So I made it back for about the last eight minutes, and my dad filled me in. Hopefully I'll get a chance to watch the whole deal tomorrow, but here are some brief thoughts:

-Thought the defense looked pretty good at the end. Yes, we allowed 55% shooting. But forcing 19 turnovers offsets that. Six steals for Krabby? Mike Kelley reincarnate!

-You tell me J-Bo goes 1-for-8 and Pop goes 1-for-9, and we shoot 36%, and I tell you we lose by eight points.

-Fifteen offensive rebounds, that's partly great effort, partly the challenges you face when you play a 2-3 zone. I can't imagine the athletes Thad Matta has assembled aren't conducive to playin man-to-man, but whatever, not my team.

-Seventeen points and seven boards for Marcus, very nice for him to shoulder the scoring load today.

-Evan Turner sure would have looked nice in cardinal and white, no? Apparently he helped us recruit Diamond Taylor, which is nice, but it was down to us and Illinois and he went to Ohio State. It seems to be working out for him. He did have six turnovers.

This is another nice resume builder, but also a game we definitely should win. With our RPI and strength of schedule, a couple more wins should do it. Off until Thursday at Indiana, which is a game we absolutely can not overlook and come out flat for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you taking anything for the man-crush you have on Krabby? Austy.

Coach Scott Tappa said...

Krabby and I have a love/not-so-much-love relationship, but overall I'm very pleased with his senior year. He was co-player of the week in the Big Ten for his performances against Iowa and Ohio State, very deserved.

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping