Saturday, October 6, 2007

Jury duty?

Not sure what's worse:

-The way I feel about the defense's performance this year and today (although the last Illini possession of the half was encouraging).

-The fact that I just opened a letter informing me that I need to be ready for jury duty in November. No! Jana says that I'll really like it and probably end up being foreman. "The jury will come back and everyone will say 'He's guilty, it's obvious,' and you'll be like 'But what about this? How can we be sure?'" she says. Just like Henry Fonda in 12 Angry Men, a great old movie if you haven't seen it.

Anyone else have to serve jury duty? How was it? A guy I play basketball with was supposed to serve last week, but the trial got canceled the night before and he didn't have to go.

Here's hoping for a strong second half. Going to be tough if Swan is out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll save my general thoughts about the game as a comment on Tappa's sure-to-be-stellar recap, but one in game thing:

Do you think Erin Andrews ever posted on Fireronzook.com? Awkward!

Scott said...

T - Unfortunately, I've been dealt the same jury duty fate. I'm on standby to serve in November as well. This is what we get for registering to vote!

Anonymous said...

NYC jury duty experience is probably a little different. I actually loved it. Did a lot of reading, had lunch in Chinatown. Didn't get called for a case, though.

Walt said...

Scott,
I also hate jury duty. I got picked for it last year and it was a City of Mesa wrongful death suit. I had to sit there all day long even when they new I was a cop and wait until they dismissed me. I say, "do the crime do the time".

Walt

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping